Faith, Hope,and Love for When the Coffee Spills

A bottle of medicine sat on the edge my kitchen table as I sipped morning coffee. When I reached for the supplement, however, my elbow knocked over my over sized mug.

An entire Cup of Joe spilled onto my lap.

Bathed in rich java, I whispered thanks that it wasn't overly hot. As Don entered the room, though, he commented, "Boy that's a really bad start to your day!"

Kitchen towels proved too small to wipe up the mess. So he searched for more while I took off saturated PJ's. Laundry followed soon after Don made me a fresh pot to savor.

While I had a great time away with my boys last week, vacation recovery requires patience.  Some days I accept the slow pace while others I struggle with the limitations. Spilled coffee reminded me I wasn't better yet.

And just yesterday we read a passenger plane was mistakenly shot down by pro-Russian Ukraine forces. Israeli ground troops invaded the Gaza Strip. A disgruntled brother-in-law shot five members of a family, leaving a teenage girl to grieve alone.

 It's crazy out there. Really crazy.

So let's focus people. We need to stay centered. We need to remember that just as the sun brightens our world every day, God's love is pouring out to those who step from the shade. That love is received by faith and stirs up hope.

As I rest, pray, and wonder what lies ahead in my body and our world,  I imagine that sun beaming down on me; His power being made perfect in my weakness. The picture gives me strength and helps me get back up when the coffee spills.

Because the coffee will spill. But the Son will shine bright.

 Rest in His goodness. Relish His love. He is the Unclouded Day.




4 comments

  1. Thank you for your morning coffee with me this morning, Susan, your bad day made mine brighter. The song was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet words to start my day, Mary. Thanks! I LOVE that song. Hadn't listened to it in over a month. My son is in the video. He sang with the group while at UGA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful song Susan and so true-in the chaos and pain of life it is easy to lose sight of Him, but He is our hope and our life, our unclouded day.. I will hold onto that today, Vicky x ps hope you are feeling stronger after your time away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Vicky! I'm definitely getting better. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top