And the Girl Has New Glasses


 Before a ceramic mug pressed onto my lips and its warm substance cascaded into my mouth, I put my contacts in and new glasses on. 

It's a new day.

My eyes are still adjusting. No doubt. My brain needs time to process my new progressive, prism lenses. But the left sided pressure in my temple has decreased since my eyes are not constantly fighting to keep a fixed image.

The orthoptist I saw offered hope. First, the double vision is bad enough that I'm a candidate for realignment eye surgery at some point. I'm not sure when, but the idea that something can be done to help in the future is reassuring.

Second, she opted not to prescribe my visual correction and prism needs in one pair of glasses since the lenses would be thick and heavy. So contact lenses correct my near sighted issues while the glasses offer prisms and bifocals. 

I can live with that.

Early on in the appointment she commented that she was surprised my eyes have maintained a single image as well as they have. Since I often have more trouble keeping a long distance image together we were both amazed to realize I require stronger prisms for close up focus.

Basically, my brain and eye muscles have been working way overtime. 

So even though I look more studious than before and might not be recognizable to some, it's new day. The girl has new glasses.

Life can begin again.


photo credit: ChiILLeica via photopin cc

4 comments

  1. I LOVE the new look!!!! And your hair looks super, too!

    Smiles!
    Amy B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous! Studious is the new sexy! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased they are already making a difference-and you look great in them! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all three of you!! So appreciate the encouragement as I adjust to my new look. The more I can see without eye stress, the less I care about the change!! But it's always nice to have girlfriends tell you, "you look good!" Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top