An End of Week Reminder for a Heavy Hearted Blonde

While I've already indulged in my share of morning coffee, I don't feel human yet. So I'm abandoning my humorous plot line and caving to harsh reality.

No matter how I spin it, life is just hard some times.

You get it, don't you. The heaviness that grabs hold and weighs down the strongest of hearts. Everyday, a myriad of souls are dunked in challenges they cannot possibly manage on their own.

Sometimes we see their stories in the news. Sometimes they pop up on Facebook. Some days, however, it's our dear friend, our neighbor, our Bible study sister, or another in a circle of influence who might not be able to breathe for a day without a hug, a meal, or a quiet reminder that they are not alone.




Perhaps the murders of Bud and June Runion sparked my current state of mind. Faithful stewards, searching to fulfill a dream, walked straight into a trap. They entered heaven, but grieving hearts abound right here in the county I call home.


My Wednesday night crime TV pals, Lu and Bonnie, continue to live with the daily struggles of ALS as Bonnie's body fades towards eternity. Slowly. Ever so slowly. Requiring an enduring patience for both the patient and the caregiver.

In light of those struggles, ankle weakness from a bruised peroneal nerve seems small. Yet it undid me for a time yesterday and I'm not sure I've totally recovered. Tired of jerry-rigging my joints, I curled up in my van after an uncomfortable doctor's visit and cried. Seriously. In the parking lot in the back of my van.

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3 :19 -23)



I wrote a song to those lyrics a few years ago and will close with a rough recording. I washed my hair and tried to balance the piano and voice. But it's still rather home made. 

No matter, it's still the only answer for the end of a long week.

 

  photo credit: MightyBoyBrian via photopin cc
 photo credit: Ivet_Angelova via photopin cc

4 comments

  1. "weakness from a bruised peroneal nerve seems small." ??? On the prison riot team we used the "peroneal" strike to disable a disruptive individual. In practice I was the recipient of such a strike at about 30%. It put me on the floor crying like a little girl for 15-20 minutes, and pain at that point for over a week. It is NOT small. My the Holy Spirit lift your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rev. Rognyt, thanks for sharing! It means so much when someone understands. It was hit about three weeks ago while I was cleaning a spill at church. And oh it hurt that night. Limped for a few days. Had hoped it had recovered but it got much worse last weekend. Now that I know what it is, my floppy foot makes sense. But I already have unhealed peroneal nerve damage from previous surgeries and now I must figure out how to use it and favor it all at the same time for a while. But enough of me... you must have some stories to tell! Prison Riot Team??

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top