Today, October 24th

You know the routine: "No food or drink after midnight the day of surgery."

So it's almost noon, a slight headache dulls my senses, and all of my coffee cups are neatly stacked on a shelf, untouched. 

Not partaking hasn't turned out as bad as I thought, but it doesn't help the overwhelming sense of heaviness I'm fighting.

Cause I don't want to have foot surgery today. And I don't want to spend the next six weeks on a knee scooter.

I want to LIVE LARGE.

Roller skate.
Ice skate.
Hike under colored leaves.
Walk on a beach unencumbered.
Try out for a musical.
Sing on a worship team.

The list goes on but only adds to my sadness.

What to do?

"I love you, Lord, and you love me. I love you, Lord, and you love me. I love you, Lord, and you love me."

I've been saying it all morning.

"But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved" (Hebrews 10: 39 NIV).

"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power, of love, and of self-discipline" (2 Timothy 1: 7 NIV).

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us" (Romans 8: 18 NIV).

So will you pray for me today? And this week? I read the news and know there are so many deep needs around the world that trump mine. But it's still the hard place I must walk and it just feels a little heavier than normal.

Surgery is scheduled for 4pm EST. Thanks for standing with me.



4 comments

  1. I am praying, dear friend. For YOU. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Those prayers matter! Love you, friend!

      Delete
  2. Dear Susan, I guess you've had your surgery now. I'm a day late on reading this. "I love you Lord, and You love me." I will say that again and again on days when I'm thinking too much about pain or the children or other worries.
    I won't forget to pray for you as you heal. I'll drink a cup of coffee and remember you.
    Love from an unknown sister...someday we will know each other!! I imagine our husbands have already met in heaven❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear "Unknown Sister", This touched me deeply. On so many levels. Yes, I'm certain our husband's have already met. And I hope some day we will too. Thanks for taking the time to write. My foot hurts. I need a shower. And long days of sitting still lay ahead. Thus a message like this means so much. Blessings!

      Delete

Back to Top