Resolved to Change

I have a confession. 

After seeing an acupuncturist several times this last month, I've cut back on the amount of coffee I drink. I tried going without any one morning, but that only lasted a day. 

Now I waffle. Some days I indulge in a cup. Others, only half a cup. But I've almost decided less is more.

My biggest concern? How will I write a coffee blog if I don't drink coffee anymore?





Due to a lingering cough and continued pain in my feet last fall, I thought about seeing an acupuncturist. But didn't know who to see. So the idea floated around in the back spaces of my brain until I spoke in Chattanooga earlier last month. 

After hearing my story, a woman approached me and recommended I see her acupuncturist friend who lives in metro Atlanta. Impressed by credible stories, I took Dr. Bo Daniel Park's number and made an appointment for the following week.

And so it began.



The soft spoken Korean asked numerous questions before she stuck several needles in my back. Then came the list of recommendations that I've been slowly working into my life.

1) Eat fruits and vegetables and a little protein if necessary. 

2) No coffee!




3) If hungry between meals, swallow a tablespoon of olive oil.

4) Use only pure maple syrup as sweetener.

5) Pour equal parts organic apple cider vinegar and chopped organic pineapple into a mason jar. (If not exactly equal, it's not a problem. I basically split a jar of vinegar and one pineapple between two mason jars.) Add three or four organic eggshells to the mix and allow them to ferment for a week. 

Take 1-2 Tbls. of the mixture with juice, tea, a smoothie, or any other concoction you can come up with, and swallow 1- 3 times a day.

6) Take Mangosteen for brain clarity.

7) Take Triphala to help with reflux.



I started a sample of the apple cider vinegar and egg shell combo a week before Christmas, but ran out while waiting for my own brew to ferment. However, once I'd taken the potion for several days and rested from the holiday rush, I could tell a big difference. 

Now, a week later,  my thoughts are clearer and it's been easier to accomplish little tasks around the house. But with the recent ice storm, I haven't gone far. So the jury is still out. 

Regardless, I'm resolved to change. 

Little by little. Tablespoon by tablespoon. I plan to swallow, gag, and swallow more. Cause I can down almost anything after it's spent time in a blender. 




What about you? Are you making any changes? Perhaps just a small one?

I didn't trade sugar for maple syrup right away, knowing my sister always makes cashew brittle at Christmas. But I'm working toward it now. 

I figure every step forward, even if followed by a few back, is still getting me closer to where I want to be. 

Healthy and whole. In both body and soul. 



No comments

Back to Top